Welcome

Once I had a little rose closed up inside my womb
But Jesus called her to come home before my rose could bloom

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dear Donna Rose

My dear daughter,

Daddy told you that your new brother has arrived and he is here safely. I wonder what you would think of him if you were here now. I wonder if you would be jealous as my brother was jealous of me. You would still be little more than a baby yourself, but I think you would be very excited to be a big sister. I am certain you would adore little Tony and would try to be Mommy's helper. I miss you every day. I know Daddy does too. Sometimes we find each other crying because we miss you so much. You are a hero, my little girl. You saved your brother's life. Because of you, we knew what to do to get your brother here safely and we know what to do for any future siblings. The doctors have diagnosed me with an incompetent cervix, which means I will always need help to carry babies to full term. We would never have known if not for you, my dear. I wish we had known before you were born because then we could have you both here with us. I love you, honey, and am so grateful for your brief life.

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. He is Beautiful! I dont think she would be jealous, well maybe a little because all siblings are. BUT she would and will be an amazing big sister! Congratulations to the new addition to your family. Im Sure she is up there smiling!

    ReplyDelete