Welcome

Once I had a little rose closed up inside my womb
But Jesus called her to come home before my rose could bloom

Friday, October 28, 2016

6 Years

Dear Donna Rose,

How is it possible that time has gone by so quickly? I feel like such a bad mommy to you sometimes. I meant to make you a cake for your 6th birthday, but somehow I didn't have the energy to do it, especially since your daddy wasn't going to be here tonight. Tony and I talk about you sometime. I think of you every time I cuddle your littlest sister. I'm very sad as I sit here tonight remembering your stillbirthday. Most of the time, though, I am just grateful for God's blessings. I am grateful that you will never know heartache. I am glad that you will never know fear or pain or any of the things that we have to go through to be purified so that someday we can see you again. In church this last weekend your brother and both your sisters wanted to sit on my lap and I remembered how empty my lap used to feel and now God has filled it to overflowing. Our family is so very blessed. But we still miss you and there is still a Donna Rose shaped hole in my heart. I hope you're having a wonderful birthday with Jesus. I sure miss you.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment